Dewsbury Rams are looking to take on a small number of physiotherapy or sports therapy interns for the remainder of the 2018 season and 2019 season.
The voluntary position would ideally suit an individual who has completed at least their first year of studying either Physiotherapy BSc or Sports Rehabilitation BSc and looking to gain experience within rugby league.
The role is flexible in nature, you will always be supervised by a member of the Dewsbury Rams medical department. Hours are to be agreed in advance between the physiotherapist and volunteer.
- The intern would work closely with the club physiotherapist to gain experience with assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of sports injuries.
- Extensive opportunity to gain experience with the provision of sports massage.
- Develop an understanding of match day requirements for a physiotherapist working within the rugby league environment.
- The intern will also receive training on emergency medical situations and spinal board extrication.
To be eligible for the positions a student must meet the following criteria:
- Currently studying Physiotherapy / Sports Rehabilitation / Sports Therapy
- Completed or working towards a sports massage qualification
- Relevant insurance to reflect current level of education
- Have flexibility to assist with training and match day requirements.
If you are interested in applying for this internship please email your CV and a covering letter (no longer than 1 side of A4) addressed to Nick Raynor, Head Doctor.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is the 6th August 2018. The club reserve the right to close this date sooner if suitable candidates are appointed.