Dewsbury Rams suffered their second defeat of the season at the hands of in-form Toulouse Olympique on Sunday.
The Rams opened the scoring through Robbie Ward, but trailed 22-6 at half-time.
And though the hosts rallied through tries from Dale Morton, Rob Spicer and Michael Knowles after the break, it was the visitors who emerged victories.
Tyla Hepi and Rhys Curran both scored two tries, while Stan Robin, Mark Kheirallah and Tony Maurel also crossed the line for Toulouse.
Paul Sykes kicked two goals for Dewsbury, while Kheirallah converted five from seven for the French side.
Re-live the action courtesy of the Rams’ Twitter coverage:
- 01m – We’re underway here at The Tetley’s Stadium.
- 02m- Rams penalty as they move up the field.
- 05m- Rams force drop out in what has been a good solid start from the home side.
- 09m- Great defence from the Rams as Toulouse strong set didn’t result in any points. Dewsbury win a penalty and move up the pitch.
- 13m- Toulouse’s Mika sin-binned.
- 14m- ROBBIE WARD TRY. A wonderful move from the Rams down the left gave Ward the space to force the ball over the line. Sykes converts. 6-0
- 19m- TRY Toulouse Rhys Curran. Curran just slipped through a static Rams defence to score. Kheirallah converts. 6-6
- 22m- TRY Toulouse Stan Robin. Robin collected the ball in his own half and ran 90 metres to score a simple try for the visitors. Kheirallah couldn’t convert. 6-10
- 27m- A frustrating half so far for the Rams who just can’t get any consistency going at the moment.
- 33m- Rams so close to another try as English goes over the line. However play is brought back for a knock on and Toulouse ball.
- 37m- Frustration again for the Rams as they come close to getting a try but just couldn’t finish the move off.
- 39m- TRY Toulouse Tyla Hepi. Hepi goes over the whitewash to grab the visitors 3rd try of the afternoon. Kheirallah converts. 6-16
- 40m- TRY Toulouse Tyla Hepi. Hepi squeezes through the Rams defence to score his second and the visitors 4th of the afternoon. Kheirallah converts. 6-22
- 40m- Half-time. A good start from the Rams, but four scores from the visitors have left us with work to do in the second period.
- 41m- We’re back underway.
- 42m- The Rams have again started strongly. And have been given a penalty. 6-22
- 44m- RAMS TRY- DALE MORTON. Guzdek went close first but it was Morton who forced the ball home under pressure in the right hand corner. Sykes couldn’t convert. 10-22
- 47m- RAMS TRY ROB SPICER. The Rams utilise the right wing again as Spicer goes over the line in style to score. Sykes converts. 16-22
- 50m- Penalty to Toulouse who have decided to kick for two. Kheirallah converts. 16-24
- 57m- TRY Toulouse Tony Maurel. Maurel glided down the left wing to score a simple try. Kheirallah couldn’t convert. 16-28
- 62m- A scrappy section of the game at the minute. With neither side getting close to scoring at the minute.
- 65m- RAMS TRY MICHAEL KNOWLES. The Rams work the ball well down on the right wing again and Knowles is there to flop over the line to score. Sykes couldn’t convert. 20-28
- 67m- TRY Toulouse Rhys Curran. A failed drop out from Sykes gave Toulouse possession in a dangerous area. Some lacklustre defence from the Rams let Curran through. Kheirallah converts. 20-34
- 76m- Dom Speakman sin-binned.
- 79m- TRY Toulouse Mark Kheirallah. Kheirallah scores a simple try in the dying minutes of the game. Kheirallah converts. 20-40
- 80m- Today’s attendance is 720 thanks for your support.
- 80m- Today’s MOTM is chosen by Fleetmaster and they’ve picked Jode Sheriffe.
- 80m- Full time and Toulouse are today’s winners. 20-40